An MITL Membership has its Privileges. MITL is supported by its partners in industry, government and academia. Become a partner and have MITL researchers address your business research challenges. Members pay an annual fee and are represented on the Advisory Board. Members provide annual partnership funding, direction, advice and counsel to promote the work of MITL and help ensure that the needs of the real world of transportation and logistics are met. Being a member gives you:
- Access to the expertise and resources of a public research institution whose strengths in transportation, logistics and supply chain management are world-class
- The ability to tap into researchers from other universities in Canada and abroad who have the expertise to meet their needs
- High quality R&D at a very competitive cost
- An opportunity to direct research on a topic of your own choosing (one research project per year)
- A forum to connect with public and private sector leaders and influence decisions that will shape the future of the industry
- A role in developing education and training programs that will ensure highly skilled professionals exist to meet the needs of the industry now and into the future
- Reduced registration for workshops, seminars, presentations and the annual TRANSLOG conference, where you can learn and share industry innovations and best practices with transportation and logistics professionals from around the world.
In addition, MITL offers Affiliate Memberships. Affiliates pay a small fee and have opportunities to access MITL expertise for advice. The association between MITL and the Affiliate is publicized which is typically a win-win for both parties. In the case of Affiliates or non-members, one-time research projects can be negotiated.