The McMaster Institute for Transportation and Logistics invites applications for talented students to participate in our research projects.
Contract duration: May to August 2018
Overall Research Assistants will provide support to research projects including the collection of data and basic data analyses. Work is performed under general direction and guidance.
1. Work with the Research Coordinator and/or Principle Investigator to gather and compile data.
2. Assist in the documentation of research protocols.
3. Apply established research methodology to ensure all research material is handled in accordance with established protocols, policies and procedures.
4. Record and maintain accurate records.
5. Conduct literature searches to support research projects.
6. Seek guidance and direction from Research Staff or Manager
Currently enrolled in a post-secondary program.
Prior experience in a research environment or related coursework.
1. Excellent written and verbal communications are required.
2. An understanding of policy analysis, qualitative and quantitative methods.
3. GIS is a definite asset.
To apply for this job, please submit through the Mosaic Student Centre portal.
Please note that it is the student's responsibility to apply for and show proof of Work Study Eligibility to be considered for these vacancies. Proof of eligibility can be found in your "TO DO LIST" on the Mosaic Student Centre Profile.
Employment equity statement can be found on-line under Job Opening 18075