Published Academic Articles from MITL EV research
- Identifying and characterizing potential electric vehicle adopters in Canada: A two-stage modelling approach (2016). M Mohamed, C Higgins, M Ferguson, P Kanaroglou. Transport Policy 52, 100-112.
- How open are Canadian households to electric vehicles? A national latent class choice analysis with willingness-to-pay and metropolitan characterization (2018). M Ferguson, M Mohamed, CD Higgins, E Abotalebi, P Kanaroglou. Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment 58, 208-224.
- Size matters: How vehicle body type affects consumer preferences for electric vehicles (2017). CD Higgins, M Mohamed, MR Ferguson. Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice 100, 182-201.
- The influence of vehicle body type in shaping behavioural intention to acquire electric vehicles: A multi-group structural equation approach (2018). M Mohamed, CD Higgins, M Ferguson, WJ Réquia. Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice 116, 54-72.
- Why is electric vehicle uptake low in Atlantic Canada? An assessment of the stated preferences of potential adopters in a lagging adoption region (Under Review). E Abotalebi, DM Scott, M Ferguson. Journal of Transport Geography.
- Design of a Survey to Assess Prospects for Consumer Electric Mobility in Canada: A Retrospective Appraisal (Under Review). E Abotalebi, M Ferguson, M Mohamed, DM. Scott. Transportation.
- Electric buses: A review of alternative powertrains (2016). M Mahmoud, R Garnett, M Ferguson, P Kanaroglou. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 62, 673-684.
- What hinders adoption of the electric bus in Canadian transit? Perspectives of transit providers (2017). M Mohamed, M Ferguson, P Kanaroglou. Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment.
- Simulation of electric buses on a full transit network: Operational feasibility and grid impact analysis (2017). M Mohamed, H Farag, N El-Taweel, M Ferguson. Electric Power Systems Research 142, 163-175.
- Carbon dioxide emissions of plug-in hybrid electric vehicles: A life-cycle analysis in eight Canadian cities (2017). WJ Requia, MD Adams, A Arain, P Koutrakis, M Ferguson. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 78, 1390-1396.
- How clean are electric vehicles? Evidence-based review of the effects of electric mobility on air pollutants, greenhouse gas emissions and human health (2018). WJ Requia, M Mohamed, CD Higgins, A Arain, M Ferguson. Atmospheric Environment.
Charging Station Optimization and Fleet
- The design of electric vehicle charging network (2016). K Huang, P Kanaroglou, X Zhang. Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment 49, 1-17.
- Modelling the Demand for Electric Mobility in the Canadian Rental Vehicle Market (Under Review). T Dimatulac, H Maoh, S Khan, M Ferguson. Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment.